counter on blogger
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving from Gluten-Free Fun
I want to wish all of my faithful readers a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all of your comments, emails, questions, and Tweets over the past 4 years. It is all of you that keep me going.

This Thanksgiving, I am doing a lot of cooking. Last week, I posted our gluten-free menu and I have spent the past few days making hummus, Brussels sprouts, gluten-free stuffing, and Trader Joe's gluten-free and vegan brownies.

One of my favorites on the menu this year is a gluten-free, vegan apple crisp inspired by the Gluten-Free Goddess. There are four of us at the table who will be gluten-free. My sister and my nieces are also dairy-free and egg-free so I was looking for a gluten-free and vegan recipe for this holiday. I already gave the dessert a test run so I know it is delicious. When I made it last time, my niece Anna and I were devouring the topping before we even added it to the crisp. The next morning, my other niece Emma and I ate apple crisp for breakfast. These two simple moments with my beloved nieces are perfect examples of how thankful I am to have them in my life.

Gluten-Free Fun Apple Crisp
inspired by Gluten-Free Goddess

Fruit Filling
10 apples, cored, peeled, and sliced thin
7 tablespoons of apple cider
2 tablespoons of raw agave nectar
1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon

Crisp Topping
1 1/4 cups of light brown sugar
1 1/4 cups of Gluten-Free Bisquick
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
6 tablespoons of Best Life Buttery Spread or Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread

1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 9X12 inch glass baking dish with some of the Buttery Spread.
3. Mix together the apples, apple cider, agave, and 1 1/2 tsps of cinnamon.

4. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the light brown sugar, gluten-free Bisquick, and 2 tsps of cinnamon.
5. Add the 6 tablespoons of the Best Life Buttery Spread on tablespoon at a time.
6. Stir together with a whisk and then use hands if necessary.

7. Layer the glass baking dish with crisp topping, fruit filling, and top off with the rest of the crisp topping.
8. Bake 40 minutes, until topping is crispy and filling is near boiling. Apples should be soft when pierced with a fork.

Serves 8

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm eating at your place! Thanks for supporting all things gluten free. Your pictures in photo and word format encourage us all. We appreciate you, Erin. We're thankful for all you do.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer