counter on blogger
Friday, January 28, 2011
Recipe of the Week: Bob's Red Mill Pizza
This week's recipe is a bit of a cheat since it came from a mix, but I had a very busy week full of gluten-free networking events so I have a good excuse!

When visiting my sister last week in Connecticut, I picked up a Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix at Xpect Discounts. (Check them out, they have a HUGE selection of Bob's stuff at relatively inexpensive prices.) My sister and her family are big fans of the Bob's GF Pizza, but I never tried it because I was intimated by the yeast. Yes, this is probably a really silly fear to have, but I just never used yeast before and thought it would be difficult. It wasn't. I followed the directions exactly as listed on the package (see below) and it was really quite easy. The directions suggest dividing the dough into two parts. I actually split it in two and then split the second batch of dough into another half, giving me three pizza crusts. I could only eat half of the first one, it was so big.






My Modifications

  • I had no modifications from the original directions except I didn't have plastic wrap at my apartment. I just kept the dough in a bowl with a cover as it rose for 20 minutes.
  • I cooked the first dough according to directions and with toppings. I cooked the other two mini-doughs without toppings and froze them. It will be an experiment next time I decide to use these doughs. I will post an update. 
  • I topped the pizza with red onions, roasted red peppers, oregano, garlic powder, and lots of mozzarella cheese. 
This pizza was awesome. The crust was thick and chewy and really delicious. Considering I only paid about $2.50 for the package and I got more than 4 servings out of the one bag, I definitely see additional purchases of this mix in my future.

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my fave quick go-to pizza crusts. In fact, it's very versatile. I just used it this morning (combined with another different mix) to make gluten free hot cross buns!

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer