counter on blogger
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Exciting Updates for Gluten-Free Fun
As we enter a new month, I am excited about what’s to come for Gluten-Free Fun this March and beyond.

This is me in 1981, right around the time of my diagnosis.
This year is my 30th anniversary of being diagnosed with Celiac Disease. A 30th wedding anniversary is your pearl anniversary and natural pearls are very rare. I’d like to think of myself as a natural pearl of the gluten-free world. Ok, this is probably the cheesiest comment I have ever said on this blog but I’m going there on this special anniversary. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease before there was the Internet, before there was a blood test, before you could walk into a normal supermarket and buy gluten-free products, and before celebrities were jumping on the gluten-free bandwagon. Thirty years ago, my doctor saved my life. I plan on doing a series of blog postings interviewing my parents and doctors from the past 30 years. I think I have a unique perspective of growing up entirely gluten-free and I plan on sharing this with my readers.

As you may have already noticed, I launched “Recipe of the Week” series in January as part of a New Year’s resolution. “Recipe of the Week”, which is posted each Friday, is my attempt to try one new recipe every week of 2011. So far, I haven’t missed a week. With a crazy NYC schedule, this isn’t always easy but these recipes force me to stop and pay attention to what I am actually putting into my body. This series of postings has gotten a great response from my readers and has really inspired me to move out of my comfort zone and try new recipes. Luckily, my successful recipes have outweighed my flops so I hope to continue this Friday series throughout the year.

I am launching a new topic called “Gluten-Free Fun Investigates”. I often read an article and feel like I am only getting half of the story. I don’t always have the time to dig deeper, but I really want to start doing some serious background checks and investigation gives into products, topics, and trends that I am really passionate about within our gluten-free community. I am prepared to work hard to give you the whole story behind some of your favorite gluten-free questions and topics. This articles won’t always be exactly what you want to hear, but at least I will attempt to give the truth and reality to my readers. If there is any specific gluten-free topic you want me to investigate, please let me know. I’m ready to dig up some gluten-free dirt!

There are two more secret projects I am hoping to unveil by April 1st, so stay tuned this month for clues.

Thank you for your continued support. Stick around to see what's to come!

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Erin Swing said...

Congrats! That picture of you as a child is just too adorable!

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Erin!

Blogger ackdavis said...

Thank goodness your parents were persistent, inquisitive and early explorers. You make a big difference. No one need suffer celiac alone. Diagnosis is the crux. Happy 30th Pearl Anniversary, Erin. Still, 30 years, and you celebrate DX. It is a landmark with us celiacs, isn't it? Stay with us, Erin!

Anonymous Brady said...

Didn't realize this is your 30th year since being diagnosed - Happy 30th anniversary! And love the pic of you! Excited to hear about the upcoming projects.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer