counter on blogger
Friday, March 4, 2011
Recipe of the Week: Emme's Tomato-Almond Garlic Soup
I had such high hopes for this week's recipe, since I have been craving tomato soup. When I found a recipe on Vital Juice a few weeks ago for a tomato soup that sounded so easy to make I thought I hit the jackpot. Unfortunately, I think I sabotaged it with too much cheese and water even though included less than what the recipe includes below. Back to the drawing board with tomato soup for me. Do you have any easy tomato soup recipes to sharte/


Emme's Tomato-Almond Garlic Soup from Vital Juice Recipe

Ingredients
3 tomatoes
1 handful basil
1 handful almonds
1 garlic clove
salt and pepper to taste
5 c. hot water
1/2 c. grated Romano cheese

Directions
Place all ingredients in a blender on High for 1 minute. Add more water for a thinner consistency. Top with a sprig of fresh basil and serve with rice crackers.

Modifications

  • I used only 4 cups of water, I wish I had cut back to 3 since it was way too watery.
  • I used 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan. I think the cheese flavor was way too overpowering so I would cut back next time.
  • I added two cloves of garlic since I love garlic.
  • I didn't have an basil, but I don't think it would have saved this recipe.
Oh well, I think this and the fava bean Ful for Love were my two biggest flops of the year. I was just happy that I also had some Impossible Easy Bacon Pie in the oven to enjoy for dinner. And yes, I dumped the whole thing down the drain. I wanted to like it but just couldn't do it.

On to the next one...

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger ackdavis said...

Maybe this recipe can work for you. Pureeing is recommended, to your palate. Several recommend leaving out the Worchestershire sauce so this should work with most food items many of us have in our frig most of the time.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tomato-Soup/Detail.aspx Garnish as you like. Gazpacho is delightful any time of year but that's another recipe. :-)

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer