counter on blogger
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
El's Gluten-Free Snacks Fill the Savory Void
Did you ever eat a gluten-free snack that you didn't realize you always wanted but never had? Sounds weird, but I did and it was El's Bagel Crisps. I've seen gluten-filled bagel chips in the delis throughout NYC, but I never gave them a second thought. When Candice from Embrace G-Free tweeted about El's Gluten Free Snacks and I said I wanted to try them, El's responded immediately and sent me samples. I was so excited when two free samples of their snack bags showed up at my office a few weeks ago.

I dug right into the Bagel Crisps mainly because I never had them before. As a lifelong celiac, there are many foods I have never tried which always seems to surprise people. But being gluten-free for 30 years had its limitations back in the 1980s, but certainly not today. With products like El's Bagel Crisps, the gluten-free snack market is growing albeit slowly. El's Bagel Crisps did not disappoint. These crisps were crunchy, flavorful, and downright good. So good in fact that I had to put them away in order to avoid eating the entire bag. By day 2, they were gone!

Next up were the El's Medleys. When I opened the bag I thought "CHEX MIX?!?!" because that is exactly what it looked like minus the Chex. The medleys had gluten-free bagel chips, corn nuts, corn chips, potato chips and pretzels in a flavorful spice mix. I only have one word for these El's Medleys: DELICIOUS! Seriously, this was one of the best savory gluten-free snacks that I ever had. I can imagine this is what the commercially available Chex mixes taste like but only better because they are all gluten-free including the seasonings.

I think El's Gluten Free Snacks hit the jackpot in creating a snack that was totally absent from the gluten-free world. They filled a void that I didn't even realize was there until I had their delicious bagel crisps and medleys.

Here is some more information about El's Gluten Free Snacks:

After more than a year of recipe development and testing El’s is proud to offer our Bagel Snaps, a gluten free bagel chip which we make entirely by hand and which is the only gf bagel chip on the market, and our Medleys snack mix which incorporates our Snaps and other gluten free ingredients, all baked in our own zesty coating. 

El’s snacks are:
  • Gluten Free
  • All Natural
  • Whole Grain
  • Free of Dairy
  • Free of Eggs
  • Nut free
  • Non-GMO
  • Vegan
  • A good source of Omega 3’s.
  • All batches are tested for less than 5 PPM of gluten.

    You can see more information on our Snaps and Medleys at www.elskitchen.com.

    Labels: , , ,



    2 Comments:

    Anonymous G-Free NYC said...

    We agree! G-Free NYC has been carrying El's since we tasted these amazing snacks.

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    These look delicious! I haven't had a bagel chip in 16 years. I will have to watch for them.

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    ©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
    footer