counter on blogger
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Gluten-Free Skinnygirl® Margarita
For my birthday, a friend gave me a bottle of Skinnygirl® Margarita. I remember hearing mixed things about this pre-made light margarita and it's level of gluten, if any. I also heard they had very poor customer service and do not respond to customers. Luckily for me and my readers, I recently heard back from the Skinnygirl company and here is what they had to say:

The ingredients in Skinnygirl Margarita are not produced from cereals containing gluten and do not contain gluten. 
Here are the nutritional facts for the product you mentioned: 
Serving Size: 1.5 fl. Oz. (Average Analysis)
Calories: 37.5
Carbohydrates: 1.43
Fat: 0
Protein: 0.07
Fiber: 0
Sugars (g): 1.4
Skinnygirl margarita does not contact any artificial sweeteners.

Ingredients: Water, Blue Agave Tequila, Agave Nectar, Citric Acid, Flavors, Caramel, Sugar, Sodium Benzoate

There are roughly 13 g of 80° tequila per 1.5 fluid ounces of margarita.

Calories in our products are stated in calories per ounce of liquor. Carbohydrates are stated in grams per ounce of liquor.

Looks good to me, especially since I am almost done with the birthday bottle and have another bottle in my kitchen as we speak. I am looking forward to trying different flavors of margaritas this summer, including adding pureed watermelon and maybe peach. Any suggestions?

I was also excited to learn that Skinnygirl is launching sangria this summer. Read on:
In case you haven’t heard the news, Beam Global has acquired Skinnygirl® Cocktails, created by natural foods chef and reality TV star Bethenny Frankel. Skinnygirl® Margarita has 100 calories per four-ounce serving, uses natural flavors and is lightly sweetened with agave nectar. One of the next cocktails under the Skinnygirl® brand will be a white sangria available in stores this summer!! Learn more about Skinnygirl® Cocktails by visiting our website at www.skinnygirlcocktails.com.

Labels: , , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is awesome! I have been trying to figure this out all summer, and their website did not offer any solutions. Thanks for investigating! I also heard that Mike's Hard Lemonade Light is available gluten-free. But that was in Milwaukee. I haven't seen it here in NY yet. Will keep you posted if I see any! Here is the link for the Mike's Lite. http://www.mikeshard.com/lite-hard.php

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey GFCC, gluten-free margaritas at my new apartment?? I haven't seen you in forever!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin, is their any way of you finding out which other Skinny Girl cocktails are gluten free? I tried asking on their facebook page but had no luck :-(

Blogger Aurora Photography said...

YAY glad someone got an answer maybe we can get them to give us the 411 on the rest of their product line.

Anonymous Common Sense said...

Margaritas are intrinsically Gluten Free.

What a rip-off!
Primary ingredient is WATER.
I did the math, and according to the label, this contains less than 35mL (1.17oz) of tequila per 120ml (4oz) product.

Want Gluten Free margaritas, do ya? Don't buy a pre-mix. And don't waste your money on a garbage product like Skinny Girl.
It's called a lime. You know - you go to the store and buy 1. Roll it, cut it in 1/2, and squeeze it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caramel? How's that made? Used to have gluten in it. I dont think they've tested it and are just going by the ingredient list. More info required.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer