counter on blogger
Monday, March 12, 2012
Gluten-Free Gourmet Weekend Updates
As you may know, I am co-hosting a Gluten-Free Gourmet Weekend this June in Vermont. I am really excited about this weekend, especially since I get to host with one of my good friends Kristen Siebecker. I met Kristen through the NYC Celiac Meetup group a couple of years ago. She is one of those people that I let cross over to the other side... the friend side. I am a bit cautious about which group members I socialize with out of the group because I try to maintain a leader/member relationship with most. Kristen and I hit it off after a wine tasting at her house and we have been friends ever since. (She had me at WINE!) I know working with Kristen and the other great co-hosts that weekend is going to make for an awesome weekend. We leave from NYC on June 21st and return on June 24th. With three days out of New York City full of gluten-free food, nature, and wine, I am sure I will come back refreshed and rejuvenated.

Last week, we added a gluten-free chef and yoga teacher to our co-host line up of our Gluten-Free Gourmet Weekend. With 6 great "staff" and all of the weekend attendees, I am sure my first Gluten-Free Gourmet Weekend at Good Commons is going to be a huge success!

Our new co-hosts:
Olivia Dupin (Gluten-Free Baking for the Home Cook) is a private chef, recipe developer, and consultant and is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. She specializes in delicious, gluten-free food. Since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease in 2009, she has committed herself to creating great recipes that allow those with dietary restrictions to make simple substitutions and still enjoy the foods they love. She has worked as a private chef for professional athletes and celebrity personalities alike. Her efforts as a recipe developer includes work on the New York Times best-selling cookbook of healthy family recipes, low-calorie meals for Energy Kitchen Restaurants, and most recently on her very own book, a gluten-free reference guide and cookbook, to be released this fall. Olivia also maintains a blog dedicated to gluten-free recipes at livglutenfree.com.

Elyse Sparkes has been igniting health in individuals through Sparkes Wellness since 2005. She has orked with a broad range of clients to meet their unique health goals. She has helped people lose weight, gain muscle, rehabilitate from injury increase flexibility, decrease stress, and find overeall wellness in their lives. Elyse is a certified personal trainer, accredited by the American Council on Exercise (ACE). She has studied Thai yoga massage under Ananda Apfelbaum and is certified through the Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork Center in NYC. She recently went to Thailand to study with master teacher Pichest Bonthume. In Chiange Mai, she also studied Osteo Thai with David Lutt, and Chi Nei Tsang (Abdonminal Chi Massage). Elyse is a Yoga Alliance registered yoga teacher (RYT) certified by Cyndi Lee's Om Yoga Center in NYC. She is particularly inspired to teach yoga to cancer survivors and studied with Tari Prinster in OM Yoga's Women Cancer Survivor Teacher Training.

Want to learn more? Want a discount on the weekend? CLICK HERE! Discount for my Meetup members and blog readers through march 31, 2012!

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer