counter on blogger
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Appetite for Awareness 2012

Join the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness at

Philadelphia’s premier gluten-free food fest!

Appetite for Awareness

Sunday, September 23, 2012 1-5 p.m


I am so excited to attend the 2012 Appetite for Awareness event hosted by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness. When I went to this event back in 2010, it was seriously one of the best gluten-free events I had been to in my life. Everyone was so excited to be there, I saw old friends and made new ones, and went home with a ton of gluten-free food. You can read a week's worth of posts from my A4A trip to Philadelphia from 2010 here.

One of the highlights of this year's event is that the NFCA is honoring my blogger colleague and friend, Michael Savett, aka Gluten Free Philly. Michael and I first met in 2010 at A4A and have kept in touch ever since. He is an amazing resource for all things gluten-free in the mid-Atlantic states and he doesn't even have celiac! (His son does.) Michael rightly deserves this honor from the NFCA for all of his hard work in the gluten-free community and I am excited to be there to see him be recognized for all of his hard work. 

If you are planning on attending Appetite for Awareness, drop me a line. I would love to meet you. If you see me there, don't be shy. Please come up and say hello.


Here's what you can expect:

  • Gluten-Free Cooking Spree: Philly’s top chefs serving gluten-free dishes with the area’s leading doctors 
  •  Chef Demos in front of the Grand Staircase 
  •  Vendor Marketplace with free samples 
  •  Children’s Pavilion with kid-friendly gluten-free food and fun 
  • Gluten-Free Beer Garden with flat-screen TVs (Watch the Eagles game!)

Labels: , , ,



©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer