counter on blogger
Monday, May 13, 2013
Elimination Experiment: Almond Meal Pancakes
I got the go ahead to add eggs back into my diet on Friday. This made me very happy. The one thing I really feel that is lacking during this elimination diet is protein. Actually, I always feel like I should have more protein in my diet. Anyway, with the green light for eggs I decided to make some almond meal pancakes both days this weekend.

On Saturday, I made pancakes using this low-carb recipe minus the sweetener. They were good although I was missing that pancake syrup big time! On Sunday, I decided to change it up a little bit. I wanted more flavor so I put my own spin on these Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes. I basically took the first recipe and added pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice instead of all of the individual spices. Although I didn't get the ingredients quite right and the pancakes fell apart a little bit, I liked these much better than Saturday's batch. They had more flavor, which is what I was looking for.

Although I miss my sugary maple syrup, it is nice to know I can once again have a weekend breakfast favorite like pancakes.

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer