counter on blogger
Monday, February 24, 2014
Chef Ladner Creates Gluten-Free Magic at Del Posto
Del Posto, in New York City, has been on my radar for a while now. When I first read on Serious Eats that they launched and entirely gluten-free pasta menu in 2013, I was really excited and wanted to learn more. I started doing some research, learning that Del Posto is co-owned by Mario Batali, Joe Bastianich and Lidia Bastianich. My mom and I have been fans of Lidia's for years, always stopping to watch her cooking shows on PBS. I kept Del Posto in the back of my mind for any upcoming celebrations but kind of forgot about it.

Then two weeks ago, Del Posto came back onto my radar with gusto. Both Gluten-Free Philly and Pasta's Kitchen posted the video below and I was blown away. Chef Mark Ladner speaks candidly and and professionally about keeping customers happy and not letting anyone leave his restaurant dissatisfied. He wants everyone at his restaurant to enjoy their dining experience, regardless of their dietary restrictions. Chef Ladner and his team did their research and made gluten-free magic in their Del Posto kitchen using Chef Thomas Keller's Cup4Cup gluten-free flour.

I applaud Chef Ladner and the Del Posto team for their support of our community by embracing the gluten-free pasta challenge, rising to the true definition of hospitality, and welcoming the gluten-free community.

My birthday is coming up and I am hoping this is a good reason to finally splurge on a complete gluten-free dinner at Del Posto!



Chef Mark Ladner of NYC's Del Posto Creates Gluten-Free Versions of Entire Pasta Menu from Forklift on Vimeo.


"Our ultimate goal is when an entire table is enjoying one pasta, perhaps two or three of those people would be having gluten-free version of the exact same pasta and unless you heard the initial conversation, you would never know the person next to you is having something different from you and that is what makes great dining."  -Chef Mark Ladner


Thank you Chef Ladner on behalf of the gluten-free community! I hope to thank you in person soon. 

Labels: , , , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer